To join Cathedral's
The last few years have seen the implementation and use of technology increase dramatically on the Cathedral campus. Well, if the English department will pardon me “You ain’t seen nothun’ yet!”
What has been implemented is the basic infrastructure and tools needed to deliver instruction to the classroom and support administrative functions. The next, and exciting step, is the melding of technology into the academic experience. Most adults who graduated a “few” years ago, view technology as a separate experience or a part to be added to the mix. Today’s students are so comfortable with technology, that they only notice its absence. These students expect technology in their daily environment.
To create this atmosphere of learning, Cathedral has at least one Internet connected computer in every classroom, three different computer labs, network printers through out campus, and various applications for the faculty’s use.
We are a long way from finished, and realistically with technology, one is never finished. However, the ground work is done and with the help of the Cathedral family, we will strive to maintain and improve the technological presence on the Cathedral campus.
click here for Technology Plan and Cathedral Technology Committee
Items of Note
250 computers running online, 8 networking printers, 4 wireless access points
25 workstation PC lab in the elementary
25 workstation PC lab in the high school
Computer class with 20 PCs for Study Skills/Writing class at HS
Computer class with 20 PCs at middle school
6 workstation PC lab in the high school library
3 mobile computer carts each complete with 24 DELL Latitude D600 laptops with wireless Internet access (each cart also equipped with AC adapters)
38 Promethean Interactive Whiteboard systems installed in the ES, MS and HS classes.
Promethean Learning Response Systems: There are 11 sets total with 7 sets in the Elementary School (1st – 6th grades and Resource) and 4 sets in the Middle and High School.
· 8 sets of ActivExpression (25 devices each) ActivExpression turns question and answer into query, communicate and check comprehension. Full text-capability enables students to respond in full sentences as well as in numbers, symbols, math equations, true/false, Likert scales and more.
· 3 sets of ActiVote (25 devices each) ActiVote empowers students to take an active role in their own learning and enables educators to connect with an entire class, while teaching based on the needs of individuals. Students click to respond and answers are instantly viewed, shared and analyzed on the interactive whiteboard in easy to understand formats such as bar graphs and pie charts. Class participation is fast, fun and easy.
4 scanners: two photo scanners Epson Perfection V300 Photo and two document scanners Canon DR-2050C.
Portable LCD Projectors available for use in classroom
1. RenWeb software for administrators, faculty, parents, students
Kurzweil 3000 scan 11.0 5 licenses
Kurzweil 3000 read 11.0 50 licenses
is a reading, study skill, and writing program that educators can use to meet the needs of struggling learners, including ELL students and students with special needs.
3. Software for scanning: Omni page Pro SE4, Paper port.
4. Writing Roadmap web-based software. Database for teachers and students
Writing RoadmapTM is an online essay scoring tool that streamlines instruction, saves teaching time, and offers students the valuable practice they need to build writing skills and confidence.
5. School Reach web-based software and database.
School Reach provides school administrators the ability to deliver personalized phone or text messages to every parent or staff, or select groups, through an affordable and easy-to-use web based system that requires no on-site hardware, software or phone lines.
6. Activinspire software for Promethean interactive systems
7. Accelerated Reader Enterprise (Home Connect)
8. Star Reading 4.3
9. Microsoft Office 2007 ProPlus
10. MoreStarfall program has been activated on Elementary School PCs.
11. BrainPOP - an animated educational site for students. BrainPOP creates animated, curriculum-based content that engages students, supports educators, and bolsters achievement. BrainPOP is used in numerous ways, from introducing a new lesson or topic to illustrating complex subject matter to reviewing before a test.
Middle/high school students have access to RenWeb through student accounts
All teachers have an email address and access to the internet
Email format is first name dot last name (i.e. email@example.com)
Informative website www.cathedralgreenwave.com