To join Cathedral's
The last few years have seen the implementation and use of technology increase dramatically on the Cathedral campus.
Most adults who graduated a “few” years ago, view technology as a separate experience or a part to be added to the mix. Today’s students are so comfortable with technology, that they only notice its absence. These students expect technology in their daily environment.
To create this atmosphere of learning and to improve the quality of teaching, Cathedral school has:
School network infrastructure (upgraded in 2012):
· Server: Dell PowerEdge T410 Windows Server Standard 2007
Powerful Firewall: CheckPoint Security Gateway 80 and Barracuda Web Filter 410
· Barracuda Web filter database updates yearly.
· 8 Cisco 2960S switches 48 port/24 port POE 10
A new fiber optic cable between buildings.
Ethernet speed is 10 Gb.
Wireless Internet access on the campus:
· 24 Cisco 1142 Wireless Access Points Dual-band Controller based 802.11 a/g/n
· Cisco 5508 Access Controller supports 25 Access points.
In 2014 we built a new Middle school building and expanded the school network.
Wireless Internet in all school buildings allows to use laptops and iPads widely!
Wireless Internet access is available at the GYM!
A Promethean Active Board has been installed in every classroom in the campus!
· Symmetrical Fiber Internet 60 Mgb has been implemented in 2014
· BYOD (bring your own device) program for the middle and high school students
· 250 Windows 7 Pro desktops in the classrooms, 10 networking printers
· 25 workstation Windows 7 Pro PC lab in the elementary
· 25 workstation Windows 7 Pro PC lab in the high school
· 20 Windows 7 Pro PCs class for the students at high school
· Computer class with 20 Windows 7 Pro PCs at middle school
· 6 workstation Windows 7 Pro PC lab in the high school library
· 3 Mobile carts with 14, 22 and 24 ipads each
Interactive and Response Systems:
· 52 Promethean Interactive Whiteboard systems installed in all classrooms at the ES, MS and High School.
· Promethean ActivPanel and Promethean ActivTable
· Promethean Learning Response Systems: There are 11 sets total with 7 sets in the Elementary School (1st – 6th grades and Resource) and 4 sets in the Middle and High School.
· 8 sets of ActivExpression (25 devices each) ActivExpression turns question and answer into query, communicate and check comprehension. Full text-capability enables students to respond in full sen-tences as well as in numbers, symbols, math equations, true/false, Likert scales and more.
· 6 sets of ActiVote (25 devices each) ActiVote empowers students to take an active role in their own learning and enables educators to connect with an entire class, while teaching based on the needs of individuals. Students click to respond and answers are instantly viewed, shared and analyzed on the interactive whiteboard in easy to understand formats such as bar graphs and pie charts. Class participation is fast, fun and easy.
· 4 scanners: two photo scanners Epson Perfection V300 Photo and two document scanners Canon DR-2050C.
· RenWeb is cloud based software for administrators, faculty, parents, and students. Middle/ high school students have access to RenWeb through student accounts.
· enVision Math Common Core is cloud-based math software for ES teachers and students
· Activinspire software for Promethean interactive systems
· Accelerated Reader Enterprise
· ACT Aspire software for testing students online
· Web-based Destiny Follett School Library system
Destiny Library Manager is a complete library management system that can be accessed from anywhere, 24/7, helping to strengthen the crucial bond between the library, the classroom, and home.
· Microsoft Office 2013-2016 ProPlus
· Symantec Endpoint Protection 16.1 (3 year subscription)
· Starfall - MoreStarfall program has been activated on Elementary School PCs.
· BrainPOP - an animated educational site for students. BrainPOP creates animated, curriculum-based content that engages students, supports educators, and bolsters achievement. BrainPOP is used in nu-merous ways, from introducing a new lesson or topic to illustrating complex subject matter to review-ing before a test.
· School Reach web-based software and database. School Reach provides school administrators the ability to deliver personalized phone or text messages to every parent or staff, or select groups, through an affordable and easy-to-use web based system that requires no on-site hardware, software or phone lines.
· Software for scanning: Omni page Pro SE4, Paper port.
·500 school email accounts for teachers and students.
Middle/high school students have access to RenWeb through student accounts
Email format: first name dot last name (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org)