The last few years have seen the implementation and use of technology increase dramatically on the Cathedral campus.
Most adults who graduated a “few” years ago, view technology as a separate experience or a part to be added to the mix. Today’s students are so comfortable with technology, that they only notice its absence. These students expect technology in their daily environment.
To create this atmosphere of learning and to improve the quality of teaching, Cathedral school has:
Powerful Firewall: Dell SonicWALL NSA 2650 (upgraded in February 2020)
Barracuda Web filter 410a (upgraded in 2018). Barracuda Web filter database updates yearly
School network infrastructure has been upgraded in 2021:
Eight UniFi Pro PoE switches (5-48 port, 3- 24 port)
60 UniFi Access Points 802.11 ac
Symmetrical Fiber Internet upgraded to 1GB in October 2020
Wireless Internet access on the campus:
Wireless Internet in all school buildings allows use of laptops and iPads wisely!
In 2014 we built a new Middle School building and expanded the school network
Computers and iPads for teachers and students:
- 300 Windows 7 Pro and Windows 10 Pro desktops in the classrooms, 10 networking printers (2019)
- 27 workstation Windows 10 Pro PC lab in the elementary school (2019)
New electrical and network wiring in ES computer lab (2019)
- 26 workstation Windows 10 Pro PC lab in the high school (2018)
- A class with 22 Windows 7 Pro PCs for students in high school
- Computer class with 24 Windows 7 Pro PCs at middle school
- 6 workstation Windows 7 Pro PC lab in the Seton Hall (high school library)
- 4 Mobile carts with 14, 20, 22 and 24 iPads each which includes additional mobile cart with 20 new iPads for ES (August 2018)
- Mobil Cart with 15 Dell Latitude E6430 laptops (Widows 10 Pro) for HS students (september 2019)
- 52 Promethean Interactive Whiteboard systems installed in all classrooms at the ES, MS and High School.
- 51 projectors for Promethean boards (upgraded in 2014 - 2019)
- Two Promethean ActivPanels and Promethean ActivTable
- Scanners: two photo scanners Epson Perfection V300 Photo and document scanner Canon DR-2050C.
- FACTS SIS / Renweb1 is cloud based software for administrators, faculty, parents, and students. Elementary (2nd - 6th grades), Middle / High School students have access to FACTS / RenWeb through student accounts.
- FACTS LMS is our student Learning Management System.
The access to Parents FACTS SIS / RenWeb1 and LMS is through links on the school website: www.cathedralgreenwave.com - Family Portal and LMS
- enVision Math Common Core is cloud-based math software for ES teachers and students
- ActivInspire software for Promethean interactive systems
- Accelerated Reader Enterprise
- ACT Aspire software for testing students online
- Web-based Destiny Follett School Library system
Destiny Library Manager is a complete library management system that can be accessed from anywhere, 24/7, helping to strengthen the crucial bond between the library, the classroom, and home.
- Microsoft Office 2013-2019 ProPlus
- Symantec Endpoint Protection 16.1 (3 year subscription)
- Starfall - MoreStarfall program has been activated on Elementary School PCs.
- BrainPOP - an animated educational site for students. BrainPOP creates animated, curriculum-based content that engages students, supports educators, and bolsters achievement. BrainPOP is used in nu-merous ways, from introducing a new lesson or topic to illustrating complex subject matter to review-ing before a test.
- G Suite for Education implemented in January 2020
- 600 school Gmail accounts for teachers and students.
To access to Cathedral school email please go to www.cathedralgreenwave.com and click webmail.
Email format: first name dot last name (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org