Cathedral Catholic School administration and the Office of Catholic Education have been monitoring the local and statewide COVID case numbers closely and have been consulting with medical professionals about recommendations and suggested protocols. Because of the rising number of cases locally and statewide, we have made the prayerful decision to mandate masks indoors for all members of Cathedral Catholic School. We feel that this is currently the best practice in hopes to slow the spread of COVID and to hopefully keep the children safe and in school.
We are enacting the following measures:
- All faculty, staff, and students are required to wear masks indoors throughout the school regardless of vaccination status.
- Neck gaiters are not allowed.
- Parents must provide their child(ren)’s masks, and the masks must properly cover both the nose and the mouth.
- Any student not wearing a mask properly (covering nose and mouth) will face consequences as determined by the administration.
- The masks must not contain words, symbols, or depict any image that would be considered inappropriate for a Catholic school. School administration reserves the right to determine if a mask is inappropriate, distracting, offensive, political, or controversial.
- Students shall be responsible for their masks throughout the day. Parents are responsible for ensuring that the masks are kept clean and that the child is wearing the mask upon arrival.
- Sharing of masks between students will be strictly forbidden. Even if a child has an extra mask and is willing to share with another student in need of one, students may only wear a mask provided by their parents or, in emergency situations, the school.
- It is recommended that the student’s name be printed somewhere on the mask to identify ownership.
- To ensure a safe working and playing environment, disinfecting takes place regularly throughout the day, and maintenance staff thoroughly disinfects all buildings each day.
- If your student feels sick please keep him/her home.
- If your student tests positive or comes in contact with someone who tests positive for COVID, please keep him/her home and contact the school. We will then discuss the quarantine guidelines based on your situation.
- All visitors entering the school must wear masks regardless of vaccination status.
The following link shows the Mississippi State Department of Health school COVID weekly reports.
Please see the following letters from the Office of Catholic Education. We thank you for your cooperation and continued support.