Admissions Policies and Procedures - New Families
Thank you for your interest in Cathedral Catholic School. Our mission is to lead our community to a deeper knowledge of God. Through rigorous academics in communion with the Roman Catholic Church, we strive to educate the whole person – body, mind, and soul. Our purpose is to form true missionaries of the Gospel who realize their full potential as individuals of the highest moral character.
- Complete an online application packet.
- Provide the following items by uploading with the application packet:
- Students entering Grades 1 through 12 - copy of previous year's report card or current report card
- Students entering Grades 9 through 12 - unofficial copy of transcript
- Follow the instructions provided to submit the application and the non-refundable $20 application fee.
- All applications are reviewed by the administrative team.
Interview and Placement Testing
- All applicants and at least one parent/guardian will be required to attend an interview with a member of our administrative team.
- All students being considered for admissions in Grades 1 through 12 will be required to complete testing in math and reading skills.
- Families will be notified of a date for an interview and testing.
Acceptance and Registration
After the interview and determination of available space in the requested grade, families will be notified of the admission decision. If accepted, parents/guardians will have 15 days to confirm acceptance of the offer of admission and establish a payment plan with FACTS and provide the following documents by uploading with the enrollment packet:
- Copy of certified Birth Certificate / Copy of Social Security Card
- Certificate of Immunization Compliance (MS Form 121)
- Court/Custody Documents if applicable
Admission to Cathedral Catholic School is based on priority considerations set forth by the Catholic Diocese of Jackson. Therein, the admission of students will be given priority in the following order:
- Students currently enrolled
- Children of families with siblings currently enrolled
- Children of participating Catholic parishioners (as determined by the pastor)
- Children of other Catholic parishes
- Alumni (parents/guardians)
- Children of other religious affiliation
In accordance with the state age requirement, on or before September 1 students enrolled in kindergarten must be 5 years old, and those in first grade must be 6 years old. Exceptions for out-of-state transfers must meet the Mississippi Code 37-15-9 criteria, D-5104. In keeping with regulations, children should be 3 or 4 years old by September 1 for placement in the preschool program’s Pre-K3 and Pre-K4 respectively.
Non-Discrimination Statement D-1610
Cathedral Catholic School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, religion, or disability conditions, in the administration of its educational policies, admission policies, personnel policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other school administered programs.
- Vicki Watts - 601-442-2531, ext. 116, or [email protected]
- Sarah Beth Welch - 601-442-2531, ext. 114, or [email protected]